What kind of information do we collect?
We can get your personal information when you:
- Buy a product or service from us (including buying products online or over the phone)
- Register for a specific product or add-on service
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
- Use Wirehive products or services
- Visit or browse our website or other Wirehive websites
We may also collect information about you from other organisations, if this is appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies. We may also collect information about you from other companies, our business, or joint venture partners.
Please note that calls to Wirehive may be monitored or recorded for training and quality purposes.
Understanding what you want
You can find out more about the cookies we use on this site here.
The personal information we collect
The information we collect about you depends on the Wirehive products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
- Your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address
- Credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information
- Your preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services
- Your contact with us – such as a note or recording of a call you make to one of our offices, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us
- Your account information – such as dates of payment owed and received, the add-on products and services you use or any other information related to your account
We’ll also get information on how you use our products and services, such as:
- Queries to support through our phone line, customer portal or email ticketing system
- All actions carried out in our Wirehive Customer Portal, including but not limited to, changes to personal details, adding or removing users, purchasing additional products or services
Using your personal information
We may use and analyse your information to:
- Carry out a credit check if you’re applying for a fixed term hosting contract
- Process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress
- Update you about impacts or changes to our service or pricing
- Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
- Provide the relevant service or product to you. This includes other services not included in your agreement with us, and to contact you with messages about changes to the service or product
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services.
- Bill you for using our products or services
- Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our infrastructure, products or services
- Let you know about other companies’ products and services we think may interest you (including offers and discounts we’ve specially negotiated for our customers)
- Protect our infrastructure and manage the volume of traffic and other use of our network
- Understand how you use our infrastructure, products and services
- Carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how customers use our infrastructure, products and services on an anonymous or personal basis
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money
We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it.
Sharing your personal information
In addition we may disclose your information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Your privacy rights
You can write to us at any time to get a copy of the personal information we hold about you. There’s a charge of £10 to cover the cost of providing this information.
If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, please contact our support team (through the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website) so we can correct it.
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please contact our marketing team and you’ll be ‘opted out’. (You can get in touch with marketing through the Contact Us page on our site.)
You can choose to opt out of all marketing communications or to opt out of marketing in one of several ways (such as email, text, phone or post).